A huge thank you to Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings for hosting The Readers Imbibing Peril IV challenge and inspiring us to read books from the following:
This was my first opportunity to join this incredibly popular challenge and it was wonderful. I have discovered the joys of suspensful, spooky reading at this time of the year and books I wouldn’t have thought of choosing previously. We even carved our very first pumpkin, “Tern” who has been looking down from his mantle and keeping us company throughout the week.
I signed up for:
Read Four books of any length, from any subgenre of scary stories that you choose.
1. The Victorian Chaise-longue – Marghanita Laski
2. The Wasp Factory – Iain Banks
3. Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
4. The Woman in Black – Susan Hill
5. The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
6. The Thirteenth Tale – Diane Setterfield
7. The Time Traveler’s Wife – Audrey Niffenegger
8. Out – Natsuo Kirino
I honestly can’t pick a favourite – I loved most of them.
Not that I want to wish away time but I’m looking forward to next year’s challenge already!