A big thank you to Bethany for hosting this challenge
Rules: Choose 10 different books, written by 10 different authors, from 10 different countries.
Timeframe: 1 March 2009 – end of 2009
I love reading about different countries and really enjoyed this challenge. The books I read are below. Most of them slotted in nicely with other challenges I was reading for which was a bonus.
1. Austerlitz – W.G.Sebald (German author – writes in German – lives in UK)
2. South of the Border, West of the Sun – Haruki Murakami (Japan)
3. To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee (America)
4. A Girl in Winter – Philip Larkin (England)
5. The Post Office Girl – Stefan Zweig (Austria)
6. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo – Steig Larsson (Sweden)
7. The Garden of the Finzi-Continis – Giorgio Bassani (Italy)
8. The Piano Teacher – Janice Y.K. Lee (Hong Kong)
9. The Savage Detectives – Roberto Bolano (Mexico)
10. The Wasp Factory – Iain Banks (Scotland)